Proper detoxification is so essential for health that you need to start enhancing your body’s ability to detoxify today. Here is how to do it:
- Drink Clean – Drink plenty of clean water, at least eight to ten glasses of filtered water a day.
- Eliminate Properly – Keep your bowels moving, at least once or twice a day. And if you can’t get going, then you need some help. This can include taking two tablespoons of ground flax seeds and taking acidophilus and extra magnesium citrate capsules. If you have any chronic diseases or problems, you have to be careful about taking supplements and should work with your doctor.
- Eat Clean – You should also eat organic produce and animal products to eliminate the toxins, hormones, and antibiotics in your food.
- Eat Detoxifying Food – You should eat 8 to 10 servings of colourful fruits and vegetables a day, particularly family of the cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, collards, kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kohlrabi) and the garlic family (garlic and onions), which help increase sulfur in the body and help detoxification.
- Minimize Drugs – Avoid stimulants, sedatives, and drugs, such as caffeine and nicotine, and try to reduce alcohol intake.
- Get Moving – Exercise five days a week with focus on conditioning your cardiovascular system, strengthening exercises, and stretching exercises.
- Avoid the White Menace – This includes white flour and white sugar.
- Sweat – Sweat profusely at least three times a week, using a sauna, steam, or a detox bath.
- Supplement – Take a high-quality multivitamin and mineral supplement.
- Relax – Relax deeply every day to get your nervous system in a state of calm, rest, and relaxation.
Simply following these steps will help to correct problems caused by toxicity, maximize your body’s own detoxification capacity, and help you safely eliminate toxins stores in your body.
Depending on your symptoms, genetic predispositions and environmental exposures, you may need different levels of nutrients and types of treatment, but this is an excellent way to get started on detoxification today.
Remember, getting rid of toxins and learning how to optimize your detoxification system is essential for creating lifelong vibrant health.
Source: “Is There Toxic Waste In Your Body” by Dr. Mark Hyman http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/19/is-there-toxic-waste-in-your-body-2/#close
MARK HYMAN, MD is dedicated to identifying and addressing the root causes of chronic illness through a groundbreaking whole-systems medicine approach called Functional Medicine. He is a family physician, a eight-time New York Times bestselling author, and an international leader in his field. Through his private practice, education efforts, writing, research, and advocacy, he empowers others to stop managing symptoms and start treating the underlying causes of illness, thereby tackling our chronic-disease epidemic.