This is one of my favourite fibre-filled fruit combos. The addition of walnuts adds healthy monounsaturated and Omega-3 fats.
- 3 Granny Smith Apples, cored and sliced
- 2 Bartlet Pears, cored and sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Juice from one lemon
- ½ Tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. Maple or Agave Syrup
- 4 Tbsp. chopped raw walnuts
- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 1/3 Cup whole wheat, spelt or quinoa flour
- ¾ Cup dark brown sugar (or for a healthier, zero-calorie option, stevia extract)
- ¼ Cup melted butter
- 1 Tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl or pot on the oven, melt the butter. Add the walnuts, oats, flour, sugar/stevia, and cinnamon, stirring well to combine.
- Line the bottom of an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish with the fruit mixture and top with the rolled oat mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden-brown.
- Serve warm. *For a treat, serve with a scoop of vanilla or maple ice cream.