Not a fan of chickpea hummus? Try this tasty alternative. It’s nutritious and low-carb! Serve with raw vegetales, raw crackers, (gluten-free) pita bread, or use it as a sandwich spread!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Yields: 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Raw Sesame Seeds
- 225 g Zucchini
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan/Sea Salt
- 6g Garlic
- 15g Parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- In a food processor with the s-blade, blend sesame seeds into a smooth tahini paste. Set aside in a bowl.
- Mince garlic with the s-blade in the same food processor.
- Add parsley, lemon juice, zucchini (cut into 1-inch pieces) and salt, and blend until chunky, then add tahini back in a blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
Resource: Feelin’ Fun With Raw Foods by Aaron Ash -live-foods chef and creator of Gorilla Food, an organic, vegan, raw foods restaurant in Vancouver, Canada.