Master Class with Justin Timberlake
May 22, 2014
Tagged gut, instinct, Justin Timberlake, lessons, life, Master Class, music, Nsync, Oprah, personal development, pop culture, self-, talent, work ethic
Inhumane Treatment of Dairy Cows
- This video by Animals’ Angels graphically exposes the inhumane treatment of dairy cows at the hands of some conventional dairy “farmers”; cows by the thousands are confined to filthy, crowded stalls and feedlots, and brutalized to maintain high milk production
- Most of the cows are sick, so their milk contains blood, pus, drugs, and other dangerous pathogens, which is why it must be pasteurized to be safe for human consumption
- When dairy cows are no longer able to produce milk, they are sent to auction in sick, weak, and emaciated condition, many limping or completely unable to walk due to painful hoof infections
- Calves are ripped away from their mothers immediately after birth, and are often shipped off to veal operations to spend their short young lives squeezed into tiny crates, until slaughter
- Every time you purchase conventional milk, you may be supporting the organizations that engage in this cruelty to animals; more than half of conventional milk produced in the U.S. comes from four percent of these mega-operations
May 21, 2014
Tagged abuse, allergies, blood, cows milk, cruelty, dairy cows, drugs, hormones, milk, pasteurization, pathogens, veal
5 ways green juice can change your life
If you haven’t gotten on board with the green juice craze, here are five amazing reasons as to why you should.
Note: A convenient way to make a green juice at home is to use a greens powder such as GreensFirst. I’ve tried a few different products and most of them taste awful. This one tastes great (even when taken straight up with water) and it’s high quality. http://www.promedics.ca/pdf/greensfirst_flier.pdf
May 16, 2014
Tagged chlorophyll, citrus fruit, digestion, enzymes, green juice, green smoothies, GreensFirst, health, minerals, natural medicine, nutrition, vegetables, vitamins
Proper detoxification is so essential for health that you need to start enhancing your body’s ability to detoxify today. Here is how to do it:
- Drink Clean – Drink plenty of clean water, at least eight to ten glasses of filtered water a day.
- Eliminate Properly – Keep your bowels moving, at least once or twice a day. And if you can’t get going, then you need some help. This can include taking two tablespoons of ground flax seeds and taking acidophilus and extra magnesium citrate capsules. If you have any chronic diseases or problems, you have to be careful about taking supplements and should work with your doctor.
- Eat Clean – You should also eat organic produce and animal products to eliminate the toxins, hormones, and antibiotics in your food.
- Eat Detoxifying Food – You should eat 8 to 10 servings of colourful fruits and vegetables a day, particularly family of the cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, collards, kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kohlrabi) and the garlic family (garlic and onions), which help increase sulfur in the body and help detoxification.
- Minimize Drugs – Avoid stimulants, sedatives, and drugs, such as caffeine and nicotine, and try to reduce alcohol intake.
- Get Moving – Exercise five days a week with focus on conditioning your cardiovascular system, strengthening exercises, and stretching exercises.
- Avoid the White Menace – This includes white flour and white sugar.
- Sweat – Sweat profusely at least three times a week, using a sauna, steam, or a detox bath.
- Supplement – Take a high-quality multivitamin and mineral supplement.
- Relax – Relax deeply every day to get your nervous system in a state of calm, rest, and relaxation.
Simply following these steps will help to correct problems caused by toxicity, maximize your body’s own detoxification capacity, and help you safely eliminate toxins stores in your body.
Depending on your symptoms, genetic predispositions and environmental exposures, you may need different levels of nutrients and types of treatment, but this is an excellent way to get started on detoxification today.
Remember, getting rid of toxins and learning how to optimize your detoxification system is essential for creating lifelong vibrant health.
Source: “Is There Toxic Waste In Your Body” by Dr. Mark Hyman http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/19/is-there-toxic-waste-in-your-body-2/#close
MARK HYMAN, MD is dedicated to identifying and addressing the root causes of chronic illness through a groundbreaking whole-systems medicine approach called Functional Medicine. He is a family physician, a eight-time New York Times bestselling author, and an international leader in his field. Through his private practice, education efforts, writing, research, and advocacy, he empowers others to stop managing symptoms and start treating the underlying causes of illness, thereby tackling our chronic-disease epidemic.
Chemicals are toxic. And often times, the key to losing weight and getting healthy is eliminating toxins from your body.
stop saying “I have a boyfriend”
Why do we as women feel we need to apologize or make excuses such as “I have a boyfriend”? It’s time we give ourselves the respect we deserve and say “I’m just not interested”.
You can have many great ideas in your head, but what makes the difference is the action. Without action upon an idea, there will be no manifestation, no results, and no reward.
Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
April 16, 2014
Tagged action, dreams, goals, ideas, Miguel Ruiz, personal development, results, reward, self-awareness, The Four Agreements